I see a specialist in January to confirm the diagnosis. In the meantime, I have a great excuse to experiment baking without gluten. I took this delicious recipe and modified it ever so slightly. I used maple syrup and maple sugar instead of agave nectar and coconut sugar. I substituted chocolate chips for the raisins (not a huge fan). These cookies are going fast.
Awesome Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
No flour, no refined sugar. Yes flavor!
1 cup creamy roasted almond butter
¼ cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
2 tablespoons maple (or coconut) sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
½ cup Enjoy Life (or whatever brand you like) semi-sweet chocolate mini-chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. You’ll two of them.
- Use an electric mixer to combine almond butter, agave nectar, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats and chips by hand.
- Scoop dough onto the baking sheets using a tablespoon or medium sized cookie scoop.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. These cook fast so you may want to check them around 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool before devouring.
Makes about 24 cookies.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
You can find the original recipe here: http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com/flourless-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/